A Special Message to our Clients and Colleagues
With the evolving situation surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19), Meyer & Spencer, PC is fully committed to the safety and health of our clients, our employees and our community, while ensuring minimal disruption to our work and client service. We hope everyone is safe during this unprecedented time. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those afflicted and their families.
Meyer & Spencer, PC has a strong infrastructure in place to support our business continuity efforts. It is a very stressful time as the world around us temporarily shuts down. We will remain open using technology.
- Under the recent mandate from Governor Cuomo, our legal services have not yet been deemed “essential.” The guidance that we are getting from the Governor, the NYS Bar Association and the NYS Office of Court Administration is quite literally changing every day. Please bear with us as we do our best to work through these constraints.
- Our staff is working remotely, both as a precaution and until we get further guidance for compliance with Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order. Nonetheless, we have robust technology and a culture of flexibility that enables our employees to efficiently and effectively provide client service remotely.
- We will continue to maintain and monitor the telephone lines during business hours. As always, we will continue to monitor and respond to emails as quickly as schedules allow.
- We will utilize video conferencing or old-fashioned telephone calls for consultations and meetings to serve our clients efficiently and safely. Our staff will assist you in setting up video conferencing if necessary.
- Any documentation or information you need to send us for your case, please send to us electronically.
- We also have Dropbox capabilities, which allow you to upload documents to a secure site. This can be coordinated with our staff if you would like to utilize Dropbox.
- For real estate closings, we are considering all proposed solutions, examining and re-examining all closing protocols, and endeavoring to get your sale or purchase closed under the constraints imposed. To that end, all interested parties are working cooperatively with Meyer & Spencer PC to meet the needs of our clients and to strive towards conducting closings.
- For our estate planning clients, it is our intention to service you as soon as the law allows. We will be reaching out to clients as we develop new protocols. Similarly to real estate closings, we are investigating and exploring creative solutions to get your documents finalized as soon as possible and to alleviate your concerns about your estate plans. Unfortunately, Wills cannot be signed remotely and need two witnesses. There are also a few other formalities which need to be followed.
- Please note the New York Court of Appeals has recently closed the courts other than for the most urgent of matters. The court system is making adjustments on a daily basis, so we will keep you apprised to the status of any court appearances.
As always, the Meyer & Spencer team is here for you. We are focused on delivering our legal services throughout this period just as we have done through other periods of turmoil. We all have a role to play in this evolving situation and we at Meyer & Spencer PC will do our part. We will also post all updates to our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/MeyerSpencerPc/.
Thank you for continuing to put your trust in us. Stay safe and well.
Matthew S. Spencer James T. Meyer