Providing Peace of Mind
FAILING TO PLAN
Without proper planning, your family may:
- Lose everything to nursing home costs;
- Pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in avoidable Estate Taxes;
- Pay thousands in avoidable Probate fees and costs;
- Become entangled in Guardianship Proceedings;
- Fight over health care decisions; and
- Fight over financial decisions.
- How we can protect your assets from future nursing home costs;
- Whether a Long Term Care Insurance Policy is beneficial to you; and
- Whether you need an Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust to provide liquidity for your Estate;
Estate Planning Checklist
Estate planning topics to discuss with Meyer & Spencer and your financial planner:
- Why should I have a Will?
- Do I need a living Will?
- What is a Health Care Proxy?
- Should I give my spouse/child a Durable Power of Attorney?
- What is Probate and should I try to avoid it?
- What are the benefits of a Revocable Living Trust?
- Can I protect my assets through the use of a Trust?
- Will my Estate incur any Estate Taxes?
- Will a Credit Shelter Trust decrease my Estate Tax liability?
- How can an Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust help my heirs?
- How can I best care for a disabled child/spouse after my death?
- What options do I have with my IRAs?
- Will charitable gifting provide me with any tax advantages?
- How can a family Limited Partnership assist with the transition of control of my business?
- Can I provide gifts to my children grandchildren and still maintain control?